Statement of Faith
It is our purpose to uphold and teach the truth of the Holy Scriptures. As such, Faith Outreach Church hereby sets forth the following statements of faith.This ministry shall accept the Holy Scriptures as the reveled will of God and the allsufficient rule for faith and practice, and for the purpose of maintaining general unity,adopts the Statement of Faith and Doctrine as follows.
- The Lord, He is God in Heaven above and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.
- Our God is triune in personality (Father, Son and Holy Spirit), yet one God.
- The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
- We shall not go after other gods.
JESUS THE CHRIST
- Jesus is the Word and that He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
- Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation, that by Him all things were created that are in Heaven and that are on the earth, and that all things were created by Him and for Him.
- Jesus is before all things, and by Him all things consist. That He is the Head of the Body, the Church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
- God has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in Heaven, and of things on earth, and of things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- Jesus Himself has given apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers for the perfecting of the saints and the work of the ministry.
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and that He was an agent of creation̶ “And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.”
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, He will guide us unto all truth, and He will tell us of things to come.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is for every believer and that speaking in tongues is a gift of the Holy Spirit.
(Acts 1:5, 2:4, 2:38)
- The manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all. That the gifts of the Spirit are the word of wisdom, word of knowledge, discerning of spirits, faith , gifts of healings, working of miracles, prophecy, tongues and interpretation of tongues.
(1 Corinthians 12:7-12)
- The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance.
- The Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of should and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God.
- We are to be doers of the Word, and not hearers only.
- The cardinal doctrines of Christ are repentance, faith toward God, baptisms, laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment.
- Every person must be “born again” in order to enter the Kingdom of God.
- As many as receive Jesus and believe in His name, to them He gives the right to become the children of God.
- Those who confess with their mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in their heart that God has raised Him from the dead, they shall be saved.
- We should remember the Lord our God, for it is He who gives us the power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant.
- God wants believers to prosper in all things and be in health. (3 John 2)
- Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly.
- The Lord takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servants.
- That God is able to make all grace abound toward us; that we, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.
(2 Corinthians 9:8)
- God shall supply our needs according to His riches in glory by Jesus Christ.
- The fear of the Lord leads to life, an he who has it will abide in satisfaction and not be visited with evil.
- There is no want or lack to those who fear God.
- As we have opportunity we should do good to all, but especially to those who are of the household of faith.
- We should minister to and help those of our own company.
- We should take care of those of our own company̶who are of like precious faith.
(2 Peter 1:1-4)
- Leadership should be chosen from those of your own company.
(Acts 15:22, 25)
- We should seek out from among us those who are of good reputation to appoint over ministry business.